For those of you who don’t live in my corner of the internet, have some details. Participators in the DAC pledge to (attempt to) read 12 Young Adult or Middle Grade books by debut authors– this is the first book published in the MG or YA markets by these authors. And then participants pledge to review said books on Goodreads, Tumblr, Youtube, Amazon, a personal blog or any other venue that is open to the public. The idea is that you expose yourself to new authors you might not see otherwise, and you also tell other people about the books.
In the past I’ve read a lot of duds, but I’ve also come across some of my absolute favourite authors through this challenge. So, hoping that I come across more favourites, here is my shortlist of 12 books I will attempt to read!
- These Broken Stars, by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner.
- Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea, by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Control, by Lydia Kang
- Starglass, by Phoebe North
- Level 2, by Lenore Appelhans
- Transparent, by Natalie Whipple
- The Nightmare Affair, by Mindee Arnett
- All that Glows, by Ryan Graudin
- Poison, by Bridget Zinn
- Prophecy, by Ellen Oh
- The Key & The Flame, by Claire M. Carterer
- Rump: The True Story Of Rumplestiltskin, by Liesl Shurtliff
(I reserve the right to change to other debuts if they are easier to find, and/or to not complete this challenge due to life, lack of funds, lack of library resources, etc.)